The One Where He Talks About Birthday Apathy, Feeling Like A Kid, And Happier Things Down The Pipe
So today is my birthday.
And I’m trying to care.
Maybe it’s because, yet again, I cannot celebrate my birthday by getting drunk.
Maybe it’s because I’m now 22 which is kind of a bullshit year.
I mean seriously, 21 is cool because I could then drink legally and make full use of casinos.
No milestone about 22.
Another year closer to 30?
Ha, no thank you.
Maybe it’s because I’m impatient about all the awesome things coming up later in the year.
Viva Las Vegas, anyone?
Maybe it’s because I’m still a good deal younger than most of my friends, both in real life and on The Internets.
You know what?
Maybe it doesn’t matter.
Maybe my birthday is just a fresh start to do things I didn’t as a 21 year-old.
To be more positive.
To be more tech-savvy.
To be more open to my friends.
To be more a better blogger. A better teacher. A better boyfriend. A better man.
On second thought?
22 might kick seven kinds of ass.
- I’ll be a college graduate come May.
- I am slowly but surely learning how to play my ukelele. This makes me all kinds of happy.
- This will be the year of the nomad. I’ll be traveling to New York and Los Angeles to check out schools. I will be in DC come June to sight see and hopefully meet some of my favourite bloggers. I will be sitting at the cool kids’ table when Bloggers In Sin City rolls around.
- I’ll be in a whole new city no matter what happens. And for the first time, it’ll be a HUGE city. Will also be my first time living outside of the South. Hello impending culture shock.
- I’ve enlisted the lovely PQ’s help in moving to my own domain once I decide just how I want to do this.
- I almost have enough cash squirreled away to afford a video camera. Expect epic vlogging to commence.
Now here is where I talk about what I want from you. I get about 300 hits a week on average. I have just shy of 50 GReader subscribers and 10 others who subscribe through WPress. I hear from maybe 15 of you regularly. So I want to know something about each of you. Doesn’t matter what, would just like to put some personality into some of those random stats. And in return, leave a question for me to answer and I’ll post them in an interview next week.