I’ve gotten my second award from Diane, this one is a friendship award which made me smile.
This is the Proximidade Award, which celebrates bloggy friendships. It means, “This blog invests and believes in ‘proximity’ [meaning, that blogging makes us ‘close’ – being close through proxy].” I now have to pass it on to at least 8 other people which makes me sad because I have other people to give this to as well.
So my entourage goes as follows:
This makes me laugh as my blog friends imitate my friends in real life as every one on that list is a woman.
I really did have an actual post for today but with Marilyn’s 22nd birthday starting up shortly — first time going clubbing on a day other than Friday or Saturday — I don’t have the time tonight. Sorry. : )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARILYN!
So I’ve received my second award from the wonderful Tiffany. Wow, I feel like such a star. Anywho, before I develop an ego let me move on to the rules of this little bit o’ blogging love.
Not their favourite book.
Not the most intellectual.
The CLOSEST (as in you can smack your head on it without needing to move your tush) geographically.
The nearest book to me is from an old favourite of mine, C. S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia.
“Thank you, thank you,” said Uncle Andrew in a faint voice. “Thank you. Dear me, I’m terribly shaken. If someone could give me a small glass of brandy–“
“Now you attend to me, if you please,” said the policeman, taking out a very large note-book and a very small pencil. “Are you in charge of that there young woman?”
I’ll be thinking on who to pass the award along to and will edit this when I figure that out. Until then, I have a presentation to prepare for on Wednesday. Happy trails, folks!
So this morning I received my very first award for blogging from the wonderful Diane over at Diane’s Addled Ramblings. Cue megawatt smile. Were I not a state away, I’d give her a gift but alas I’ll just send her some link love from time to time.
Now there are two rules for receiving this award. One, I have to list 6 things I love and then I have to pass 6 people to pass this on to.
Things I love…
1. Books. I’ve often heard that one day books will only be stored electronically and that thought breaks my heart. As someone who practically grew up in a library, nothing can replace the feel of the pages or the intimacy of curling up with a good book. Things a computer screen can’t replicate.
2. Making people laugh, I’m a firm believer in the Patch Adams school of thought. That if you treat a person, you always win.
3. Cooking for the people I care about. I’ve been told I seem to have been designed to want to take care of others, I’m starting to believe it.
4. Seeing the look on a child’s face when they understand what you are trying to teach them. It was this look that convinced me teaching is what I wanted to do with my life.
5. Being a writer. It is easy to write words down on paper. It is far more difficult to give those words meaning.
6. Kissing. Slow and lazy or passionate and burning. I love them all.
Today nominee’s are…
1. Katie over at I Know This Much Is True. She works in the law industry and still holds onto her humanity. She also has an old-school charm that I find endearing.
2. Summer over at Blogfully Yours. Her posts often make me smile, laugh, and think which is truly what it’s all about.
3. Tricia over at The Silver Lining. Somehow a Texas mom to two little boys transplanted in Michigan. Somehow, she even manages to make it work.
4. Mindy over at A MinD in MoTown. Another transplant, this one from Pennsylvania to my own state. Her posts are always good for a dose of liberalism and wit.
5. Tiff over at A Bit Of Miss Tiff. The first friend I ever made blogging and my general go-to person for tech questions. Her posts always make me laugh.
6. Black Hockey Jesus over at The Wind In Your Vagina. If you like laughing and having your thoughts provoked, give him a look-see.